Saturday 24 October 2009

Day The Twenty-Fifth. Sunday Stealing.



1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction?
"Carmilla" by Sheridan Le Fanu, short-story/novella-wise. Novel-wise, Drawing Blood by Poppy Z Brite.
2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?
Mists of Avalon counts as fantasy, right? By Marion Zimmer Bradley
3. Who is your favorite monster?
Freddy all the way, baby.
4. What is your favorite Horror movie?
I'm a whore for horror movies, it's too hard to choose. God. Gun to the head, I'd have to go with Psycho. It's put more fear into me than any other movie I've ever seen, I first saw it way too young and it imprinted on me deeply.

5. What horror movie gives you the most chills?
I have serious, deep issues with Psycho, like I said. Shower issues. Hotel issues. Taxidermy issues. Men with mother issues issues. It's had the most reverberations in my life of any movie.

6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
I have such very maternal feelings towards li'l Jason Voorhees, I think I'd make a kickass Pamela. Plus that blue cabled sweater is epic.

7. Freddy or Jason?
I have a shirt what says "Mrs Krueger." What do you think?

8. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
Reese's Pumpkins

9. Ghosts or goblins?
Ghosts, most def.

10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one?
I like the epic, artsy ones with terribly complicated shading and detailed carving.

11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
Sweartagod I've talked to Lizzie Borden.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Not entirely sure.

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho?
I'm already two of these.

14. Favorite Halloween costume?
I have been Dorothy from Wizard of Oz more times than anything else. The year I was Squeaky Fromme was pretty good.

15. Best thing about Halloween?
Fucking everything. It's the most wonderful day of all the year.

16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
My whole family's always been way into it. We always win costume contests and decorating contests and crap like that.

17. Are you superstitious? Yeah, I'm a salt-over-the-shoulder, knock-wood, don't-open-umbrellas-in-the-house kinda gal.

18. Share an unusual Halloween story.
I consider myself singlehandedly responsible for the upswing in the popularity of Halloween in Britain.

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid?
The whole shebang. Dress up, candy, trick or treat, festivals, anything we could find.

20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended?
Last year's Rocky Horror dvd showing at the pizza place in my parents' eeeeeeensy town in Idaho was just completely adorable and so fun. After more years than I care to admit of proper Rocky Horror every Saturday at the theater, the bootleg pizza party on sports bar tvs was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment