Wednesday 7 October 2009

Day The Seventh. ZOMGKNITPIX0RZ. A post of plans.

My grama is awesome. She got her very first Knitpicks catalog ever recently and was all excited and said she'd order me $30 worth of yarn for socks for my husband. Apparently I misread the email where she said this, and she meant $30 worth of yarn for him AND $30 worth of yarn for me. EEEEE!!!

I have had a couple-few skeins of ZOMGKNITPICKS that my friends have RAKed me before, but never this much. I am terribly excited.

For husband socks, DK is the best, but he does so love his multicolored sock yarn ones that I've made him. So even though they use LOTS more yarn for his GIANT PAWS, since this yarn is a special treat, I asked him to pick 2 colorways of the Stroll Multi as well as a few solid DKs. He has picked out these:

Swish DK in Garnet Heather,







and in Eggplant.








CotLin DK in Sprout.









Stroll Multi Sock Yarn in Meadow Multi,









and in Jester Multi.









I will certainly have the best-socked husband around.

For me, I have requested 8 balls of Wool of the Andes worsted in Winter Night:










And one of Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand-Dyed in Cherry Cordial:










The blue, well, I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. I'm leaning towards this cute little vest:
























And the red is for Mimi's Gnomey Hat.



















I have also decided that the earflap hat I will make for my BIL for Christmas needs to have a detachable beard & mustache.

This post has been brought to you by the letter























for Quixotic. My epic plans hardly ever come to pass. This yarn will sit around forever and not become anything.
Let's hope otherwise.

OH! PS: My daddy LOVES his Jughead Hat I made him for his birthday:


















He says it is his dream hat. I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment