Tuesday 2 February 2010

Super quick BPAL note.


See, I'm not actually awake. I just happen to be not asleep at this particular instant, but I was before, and I will be again soon. I just needed something a little heavy & snoozy & headshoppy to pull me back from stupid awake-ness, so I threw on a little bit of Greed:
GREED
Base and earthy, yet glittering with golden notes: patchouli, heliotrope, copal and oakmoss.

Yup. It's *so* earthy. I love it. I could easily wear this every day, if I was so inclined, and less prone to scent A.D.D. This is so completely on my list. Got this imp ages ago & it's getting low, I have to eke it out as long as possible. I keep it far away from where I am most of the day, or else I would just keep reapplying all day just for the hell of it. The patchouli's not overwhelming. There's enough underlying sweetness to cut the hippie-ness, and most importantly - on me, it lasts. It's just gorgeous and rich and a tiny bit little-boy-borrowing-daddy's-aftershave-y, which sounds weird but isn't. It feels like what I imagine a weighted blanket feels like, if I could afford one. Comforting, safe, secure, not about to fly off in a million directions at once. It is totally grounding and I need that most days. This is maybe #2 on my buy-as-soon-as-possible list after Bastet. For the moment. ;)

So, say it with me & Gordon Gekko, boys and girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment